Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bits and Pieces

It’s a very busy time of year. We have quilters at camp until Thursday and then the last bunch for the spring arrive on Friday. While that hasn’t made my work load too heavy (thanks the Lisa and her quilt instructors), my work load piles up every day. This is the last full week before the end of early bird registration, so the online portal and mailbox are full of summer registrations. Mixed in are registrations for Mother/Daughter, family camps, Dads ‘n Lads, Men’s Advance and Senior Retreat. Saturday is our annual meeting. And here I thought I could get my FAQs on line before the month was out!

Yesterday and today I have/will get very little actual work done. Interviewing potential registrars took up much of the working hours. It’s rather interesting to be part of the process, weighing pros and cons for our five applicants. Meanwhile, Aaron and Bill are interviewing eight applicants for the Youth Program Director position. So, not a lot of work is getting done.

Yesterday I learned yet again how small a town Upsala is. In Camp Lebanon’s history, they have had two PO boxes in Upsala for one reason or another. Mail still gets sent to them. This time, rather than forwarding the letter to camp, the postal workers simply put it in my PO box. Probably is easier.


Meanwhile, wedding plans continue. This weekend I sat down and re-compiled all my to-do lists into one. I was happy to discover I really haven’t too much to presently accomplish. The big things that can be done ahead of time are complete. I just need to make some final decisions and place a few orders online. I hope to get all that done next week. A couple of things still loom: we would both like to find a reasonable place to live north of city since Ed works up there, rather than his present place south of the city. And I’m looking for a job. If you think about it, keep those things in your prayers. It would be wonderful to get them settled soon and be able to enjoy a lull in wedding-prep – one that lasts longer than three days.

1 comment: