Friday, March 21, 2014

The Race Continues

If preparing for a wedding is a marathon, I have reached the half way point. And am wishing I had decided to run a half marathon instead...

It's funny that no matter how many things I cross off my list, it never seems to get shorter. My binder of numerous lists has become so crossed out and re-noted, it is my goal this weekend to write up a new list of everything that needs to get done before I leave here in May. I have a feeling the list isn't going to be as long as I think. It just seems that way.

In truth, I've gotten a lot done. The invites have been out for nearly a month and responses are coming in. All the decor for the reception is bought and sits in boxes at my parents house. The menu has been compiled and will be shopped for in Pittsburgh. I even have most of the music ready to be played in the background. Sally is working on the cake...requests to bring cookies have been sent out. Ed has gathered enough women to provide platters. So, really, the reception is ready to go.

Then there's the wedding. Mom has my dress and is working to adjust it. My sister Grace ran a mile to gather the material for the bridesmaid dresses (wouldn't you know I selected material that was backordered, but Grace called up Joann's all over to get enough. Thank you, Gracie!!!!). I should be able to order the remainder of the guy's suits tomorrow. Ed's is in Pittsburgh waiting to be fitted and picked up. The music is done. We're about 85% on our way to getting flower girls (long story!). I know what flowers we will use, so those will just need to be bought in Pittsburgh. And I booked a photographer today! The deposit will go in the mail tomorrow. So, honestly, I guess there's just odds and ends to do (like my shoes!). See, I am better off than I thought.

I guess it's just other things I haven't quite got done. I'm not a procrastinator, so when something isn't finished, I get frustrated. Like I still need to reserve the pod from Uhaul to move my stuff. Ed and I are looking at moving somewhere besides his apartment, a place north of the city since he works in that direction. So, if that happens or not is up in the air. And I'm looking for a job there. Ive applied for many, but there's one in particular I would like if they're willing to stretch the start date out a little. But I know all of these things are in God's hands and they will all work out according to His plan, so I'm not worried. I just wish all the ducks would line up nice and neatly right now. Then I don't have to do anything for two months...

Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment