Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Four Day Weekend

At camp, we get two days off for Easter. Which gave me a four day weekend. And has allowed me to check off at least five different lists. More than one a day! I call that a very successful weekend.

Friday I slept in. Went for a run. Stopped at the library to pick up some DVDs and books, pausing to get online to send out a few job applications to places in Pittsburgh. I cleaned out my closet, throwing quite a few things away. Got my lists ready for my shopping venture on Saturday. And did some reading.

On Saturday, I went to St. Cloud. Along with everyone else within a 40-mile radius. Which is probably true since there isn’t much in the way of shopping within a 40-mile radius. I made several stops trying to find the last things I need for the wedding. I never did find baskets for the flower girls. Easter baskets are much bigger than I remember and seem to come only in bright pinks, purples, yellows and greens. Not exactly what I was looking for. Stopped and saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier which I enjoyed. And then did my favorite kind of clothes shopping: tried on several things and bought nothing. (The best way I know to keep well below your budget!). Ended with my last big grocery shopping spree for my remaining 5 weeks in Minnesota, followed by picking up a pizza. (Mostly because I haven’t had a pizza in months and just felt like it.)

Sunday was a lovely day – Resurrection Sunday! Even though I didn’t have any friends or family to spend it with, I enjoyed my morning in church. And the day was so lovely out, I went for a walk. I don’t ever slow down enough to walk (you get further running or biking), so I enjoyed the sunshine and warmer weather. You have to while you can – most of this week is supposed to be cold and rainy.

And Monday, I crossed off my final list of things I needed to do around my apartment and to prepare for my week at work. I got some letters written and packages taped up to mail. Put my finances in order and checked to see what I have remaining on my wedding to-do list. And I spent nearly an hour working on Abigail’s training schedule for the next month. She is my replacement here at camp and arrives on Tuesday. And we have a lot of ground to cover over the next few weeks, plus trying to keep up with registrations. But, I’m sure she’ll catch on quickly and it will be over before I know it. Which means I will be on my way to Pittsburgh…


Well, let the marathon begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment