Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Days Grow Short

Even as they grow longer? Here in Minnesota, the sun is out for over twelve hours a day now. It rises around seven in the morning and sets around eight in the evening. So even though the nights are back into the teens with highs in the thirties during the day (do I even hear more snow?), spring has arrived. Even the lake is starting to thaw!

But it’s the amount of my days until the wedding that are growing shorter. To be honest, there isn’t a lot left to do for the wedding except picking up some last minute things and then making sure we know what we’re after once we arrive in Pittsburgh. But today I realized how fast those days are going to fly by.

My assistant (and adopted little sister), Andrea, has only two weeks left at work. With so much to do for Mother/Daughter in two weeks; we’ve been focused so much on that it dawned on me today that I need to connect with her on things before she’s gone. (Not that I can’t find her later – she is moving in with me for a few weeks and will be at my wedding to do my hair and make-up.) We tried to pin a couple of dates down to get those things worked on, realizing that we only have a limited amount of days to do that.

My replacement, Abigail, arrives sometime next week. While I alerted everyone on our group tasks/calendar that they need to be thinking about when to connect with her about their ministries; I’ve been putting her training schedule on the back burner. Mostly because I’m not 100% sure which day she will actually arrive. But that needs to be ironed out this week because I need to get myself and my co-workers on the calendar with training sessions. This job has so many components I don’t want to miss anything! It’s going to be a busy last few weeks at work.

Of course, there are little things to do for the wedding still. (Forgot to do one today! Will do it tomorrow.) I need to collect a few more boxes just to make sure I have enough for packing. (Better more than less!) I have reserved my moving pod. And I thought I had my dates set. But a job possibility in Pittsburgh may change that up a bit. And while I don’t like changes to my plans, I would REALLY like this job. So, I am praying I get it and then I’ll make new plans.

The pieces continue to come together. God is faithful. And before I know it, I’ll be heading east to a brand new adventure unlike any I’ve had before.


Now, that’s a little frightening…

No comments:

Post a Comment