Friday, March 27, 2015

The Final Countdown

Someone remarked to me the other day that I’m in “the final countdown” as we await for the baby to arrive. That brought me back nearly nine years ago to Camp Ridgecrest and one of the songs Caleb McClain would play over the loud speaker as camp games came to an end. I don’t know anything about “The Final Countdown”, but I could hum it for you.

And we are now to the point where you can almost count days instead of weeks. We’re at four weeks until the due date…or 27 days. And while that doesn’t seem like a whole lot, by the end of every one of them I am ready to have this little gymnast. For while I’m running on empty by the end of a day, this baby is still turning flips. It’s not boding well for these older parents as far as keeping up with this little one…

So, are we ready? Well, if you mean do we have everything we need then, yes, we are ready. Diapers, onesies, stroller, car seat intact, crib…everything is accounted for. But if the baby does come on Uncle Caleb’s birthday on Sunday, a lot of shifting of things will have to be done to make room for her. Since Ed wants to put a finish on the crib and changing table, very little is actually put away.

But I have made leaps and bounds in the way of décor. At least as far I ever go in that direction. For one, I just don’t see artistically. And, two, I get bored of projects before I finish them so I have to keep it simple. But books are simple. And while we have enjoyed roaming down toy aisles, we’re in agreement that we’re not buying this child a lot of toys. (I mean, isn’t that what grandparents and aunts and uncles are for? And the baby has plenty of those!) However, we have each bought one thing to play with. (Rather literally. Who knows if this baby will like trains or sorting shapes…) And while my simple project grew more than I would have wished, it did turn out quite nicely I think. You can judge for yourself:



My project – ABCs and Bible verses.

 
Book and game corner.


More books corner!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! When we finally move into our new place this weekend, I will have to get your address from you again. Thank you for always remembering mine and Gabby's birthdays! Very sweet of you! Many blessings on you, Ed and your little one :-)

    ReplyDelete