Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year Resolutions

2017 has started out with such a bang, I’ve hardly had a moment to even contemplate the word “resolution” let alone list any. For now, just crossing one thing off my to-do list before I add five more would be good.

Most people start off the new year with the usual loose weight, exercise more, read a good novel, work less and play more. Loosing weight is not on the agenda until after this baby comes and my six-weeks of postpartum is over. (I learned that lesson the hard way last time – eight weeks postpartum anyone?) Exercise more? You’ve only to look at my Pinterest to see I kind of collect exercise routines (for after the post partum). Read a good novel? I’ll blog that later. Work less and play more? Guess that depends. Two kids does not equal any less work…but it does equal more play!

The truth is, my life looks more like I’m running a marathon right now. We have to find another place to live. Although we probably won’t get moved in before the baby actually comes, I’m prepping now. Empty boxes have come up from the basement and are being packed with things I don’t currently need (aka: books, hundreds of them!). We’re still working on potty-training. We need to get Emry’s new bed set up so she can adjust before the baby comes. Emry also needs a new car seat so the baby can have hers. Yes, there is a baby coming. Can’t really forget that and yet it seems like #2 is already falling through the cracks. By this time with Emry I was packed, ready to go and prepared at home whenever she decided to make an appearance. This one? Guess I’ll get those baby clothes out at some point…the bag packed…the instructions for who’s watching Emry… Hope this baby doesn’t make an early appearance!

Not to mention work. Unofficially my last day is supposed to be January 31. Officially, I have a feeling I’ll work until I have to go to the hospital. It’s not easy to close off 2016, train my replacement and merge two companies all within 20 hours a week. Although I don’t doubt I’ll pull it off somehow, a few later evenings will doubtlessly be required.

So, my new year resolution for 2017? Survival. I have a funny feeling that one word is going to have more meaning than I can possibly imagine…

No comments:

Post a Comment