Thursday, November 23, 2017

Five Minutes of Thanks

I’ve set my timer…in five minutes I will see how many things I can list that I am thankful for (which would be more if I wasn’t such a stickler about punctuation along the way…):

My God and Savior. My kids – Emry and Ethan. My husband Ed. My mom and dad. My sisters and brothers. My three adorable nephews – Jay, Curtis and Benito. My job that fits so perfectly into our lives and gives me a few hours break a week from household life. Vacuums, soap, washing machines and dryers. The ability to run, and jump, and stretch (even if yoga is not my forte!). Books, books, books, books!!!! The ability to read and write. Sunny but cold days. SNOW!!!!  Fall leaves to crunch, Walks with Emry. Games to play. Imaginations. Friends, even though they are all so far from me. Allyson. Clothes to wear. The fact that I can see color, and smell spiced apple cider, and hear Emry playing her little games. That Ethan sleeps through the night! Sleep (or what I get of it!). Warms blankets, hot showers. Ice cream, pizza and cheddar broccoli soup. My husband’s job. Our little place to live. A vehicle (most of the time). Sidewalks, rivers, a blue sky. Stars at night. The Bible. Bible studies. Rainbows, rain, really cold days. Five minutes to do this…oh, wait! Is that Ethan I hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment