Saturday, June 20, 2009

It’s one of those days when I come to write my blog and have no inspiration. I’m not sure why. It isn’t as if I’ve lived a dull life as late. For the past week, my grandfather from Texas has been visiting. He took each of us out to lunch. We all went out for Chinese one night. Another evening we went to a state park where we played tennis and basketball, cooked hotdogs and s’mores, and took a short walk over a suspension bridge. I showed him around the town of Lafayette a little, and we drove around Purdue which is really a beautiful campus. I had a writer’s group meeting on Tuesday night. Life certainly hasn’t been dull, yet there doesn’t seem to be anything interesting to write.

I must say I am glad not to be living out of suitcase any longer. I’ve been living out of one for over a month. In fact, as I put away my pajamas this morning I had to stop and think about which drawer they belong in! (I think I’m getting a bit old…my siblings noticed I have grey hairs. True – and I’ve had them for quite some time.)

The Lord has been very gracious to me this past week. On Tuesday I was out running errands with my dad and my check engine light came on. I thought little critter had gotten into my engine and died there for on Monday when I turned the A/C on, it didn’t smell very good. We were able to take it to a mechanic that night. The next day he called and told me it was the computer. Hyundai even had a notice up about this particular problem, but he couldn’t fix it. So I had to call the local Hyundai dealer and ask him about it. Could they fix it and was the problem covered under my warranty? They could fix it and, no, it wouldn’t cost me a penny. So, I went and picked up the car on Wednesday morning and – wonderful surprise – the mechanic didn’t charge me a thing for his work either! Isn’t God good?

You may notice I have added another little sidebar to my blog. It’s my writing goals for the week. Another incentive to keep me on track. And if you ever want to comment and ask if I got one of those things done, please do. The more people keeping on top of me, the better.

More guests are coming next week: family friends from NH. It will be a lively week, but I intend to lock myself in my room for much of it. For I have query letters to write, publishing research to do, and the never-ending task of editing. And when I need a break, well, there will be plenty of distractions to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment