Saturday, June 27, 2009

New Hampshire-sickness

This week we had visitors all the way from New Hampshire. They arrived Monday afternoon, driving through the night with only a few stops. The moment I heard Maura’s lively squeal as she walked through the door, I felt a pain of “New Hampshire-sickness”. It was so wonderful to spend time with the Blutts and enjoy a bit of New Hampshire in our home again.

This week has been a New Hampshire week, and so I have felt a bit homesick for the home we left seven months ago. Maura’s laugh and Maegen’s disdainful huffs about boys. Isaiah’s endless chatter and Mr. Blutt’s teasing. Mrs. Blutt’s hugs and stories from those we love. I talked to the Hardys this week and had to go look up an algebra problem to help James with. Allyson and I talked for over an hour, Violet said she missed me, Caleb told me about his pretend house he had built, and even Seth said “Hi!” and “Bye-bye”. I got a card from Ashley and a note from Dakota, two of the kids at church I taught. And today a surprise package arrived in the mail from Melanie, another young friend.

And so I have laughed and I have cried. (The movie Up didn’t help…but what a great movie!) I have remembered and enjoyed. Friends, family, love. Isn’t it all a blessing?



Cooking out at Turkey Run State Park.


On the suspension bridge at the park.


Playing kickball at the park.

A grand finish up 66 stairs!

Eating pizza near the railway station in downtown Lafayette.
On the bridge over the Wabash River.
Sonic Happy Hour!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment