Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Truly, this Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for. Namely: everything. Good, bad, easy, difficult...I don't understand why people want to be "29-forever". For being 30 has been grand. Of course, I still have a few months to go, but they'll be okay - whatever they hold. My God will see to that.

Thanksgiving in Indiana has been great!!!! My parents, my sisters, and my baby brother. Only one sibling is missing, but I pray one day that will not be the case. Someday we will all be together again. But until then, I have enjoyed my days and hours in the frigid cold of the Indiana corn fields. Racquetball, a refrigerator full of Chick-fil-a f
ood (since three siblings work there), seeing the movie "Tangled" today, old traditions and new. And dozens of pictures to remember it all by:

Old Tradition: The family message board. Everything that needs to be done gets listed here and you put your initial by the one you want to do - it's a good thing our parents gave us names with different initials, even if it wasn't intentional.

Old Tradition: Food, food and more food.

Old Tradition: Too full to move, lay around and watch a movie…only to fall asleep.

New Tradition: Set up my Christmas village, so I can enjoy it more than just one week.

Old Tradition: Play lots of games.

New/Old Tradition: Play the wii – this is Abby flying like a chicken.

Old "Tradition": Don't forget the dogs! This is Keats and Salem with their beloved Grace.

New Tradition: Compare your biceps…I think Caleb beats Abby and Katey. (He also showed us his six-pack, but I chose not to take a picture of that.)
Old Tradition: Spill the decorating balls. A tradition passed down from Katey to Jenny.

Old Tradition: Bake and decorate gingerbread cookies the day after Thanksgiving. Here we all are with our favorites: Caleb, Grace, Abby, Katey, Jenny, Sally and me.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh no, I don't want to be 29 forever - though it has been good so far. I can't wait to turn 30!

    Looks like a wonderful time with your family, I'm glad it was so.

    ReplyDelete