Monday, November 15, 2010

Texas Thankfulness #8

Some of you might not know, but about six weeks ago I moved in with a friend. Long story about the how I met this friend long ago, the house and all that stuff. But suffice to say, I have been very happy in the large house that includes a kitchen to die for, plenty of room for us and about a dozen other people, lots of land and a very nice fire place where we can tap into our pyro-maniac side. All of this makes me very grateful for...

Haley. She's my housemate. We've known each other since she was 13 and I sixteen. We've never been super close, but we've always been good friends and kept up with each other here and there. And now, we live together. Funny the paths the Lord takes us on.

There are many things I love about Haley, but the best is the way she just takes life as it comes and knows how to relax when work is over. Me? When my week is over and I sit down to watch a movie, I usually have my laptop propped up in front of me and I'm busy doing odd things on it. I am forever piddling around with this or that, simply because I haven't time the rest of the week to do. But when Haley is done with her work, she plops down in the chair, turns on a DVD and just sits. Hmm...novel idea.

Haley loves people. She goes out of her way to be there for them. She is a good friend to so many, hard working, and sees life with a touch of joy in everything - even the difficult times. She helped me move in and then she helped me move into larger rooms. This weekend she taught me how to build a proper fire. She lets me borrow books, watches movies with me, brings me home hot chocolate, and we share buy-one-get-one coupons (which, we agree, are very hard to use when you're single). And yesterday she proved what a good, supportive and protective friend she is when I was telling her about something and she said, "Well, I'll come with you and check that out."

It's great to have a place to live. And it's even better to live with someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment