Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dollhouse Update

Well, I have been at work on my dollhouse, but it would be difficult for anyone but me to notice. That's mostly because I've been painting trim that's already on the house. The bay windows are completely in. The front door is painted inside and out, complete with doorknobs and a knocker. However, I haven't put it in yet because I'm waiting for an hour of somewhat silence to put my first light in. I can see where the electrical tape is as long as the door remains out. I just have to take a deep breath and put on my electrician hat...and hope I'm just making it harder that it will actually be.

In the meantime, I took pictures of the very few things I've collected as gifts to furnish my house. I realized when calculating some pricing on flooring, stonework and outside trim today that this house will be worth somewhere in the 1,000s of dollars when it is all complete and furnished. I'm already estimating the investment at somewhere around five or six hundred. And after a year worth of work, the time invested is well more than five or six hundred hours! But it maybe as close as I ever come to a dream home...well exemplified by the furnishings that will be moved in first.

Items for the nursery: I love trains, I adore carousels and my best friend Allyson's 5-year-old Violet sent me the other odd toys for my birthday.

Items for the study: MUST have a rolltop - and a chair to sit at it. The bookshelf will be stained the same color brown and at least two more will join it.


Miscellaneous items: I love castles, hence the picture. I had just determined that mirrors are going to be a must when my sister gave me one for my birthday. The two books ("The Christmas Carol" and "Pride and Prejudice") are merely a start to the collection. The carpet a friend sent me will look perfect by the front door. The sofa...well, I just had to have it even though it will go in the master bedroom since it doesn't match the living room wallpaper. And every house needs a Golden Retriever (right, Grace?).

No comments:

Post a Comment