Friday, March 16, 2012

Encouragement

If there is one thing I can never complain about, it is good friends. God has truly blessed me that area of my life, as I witness almost on a daily basis. This note from a friend this week was such a blessing, I'm sure I will keep it for years to come:

One of the special things about birthdays is taking time to reflect on how far you have come and in what direction.

However, this can be hard when you feel like you have found yourself where you were a year ago or close to it. I like to think of it as a switch back. It feels like no progress but remember God's goal is the top of the mountain, Christ-likeness. I couldn't handle it if God sent me on a path barreling up to the top of the mountain, so sometimes He sends me back and forth a little higher each time. I am tempted sometimes to say, "God, you tricked me. You said to go that way only to slam a door in my face and turn me around." And He says, "My child, trust Me, as the heavens are higher than the earth so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."

I am writing, Melissa, no to tell you to go the other way or bore you with the same things I have said before, but to wish you true joy and blessed peace on your birthday. Your Heavenly Father loves you so much, and you are never too old to sit on His lap.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa! I don't have an email address or land address for you anymore! Can you email me at pzy001@gmail.com please? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete