Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Quick Jot

As my work day has flown by (probably thanks to lunch with the nurses and then their congregation at the office which is always enjoyable but slows my work down as they ask where this, that and the other is kept...), I have but a moment to make my second post of the week.

I suppose it will suffice to say the rain has finally come. It threatened all day yesterday and my sinuses didn't like it. About nine this morning, the temperatures dropped and the rain poured. it's suppose to stay this way for the next two days. I am quite happy. It means I can wear the new boots I bought at least twice...and a sweater or sweatshirt one last time for the "season". (I mean winter, but that never officially came to Texas this year.)

I am taking tomorrow off. Everyone keeps asking if I have something fun planned. "No," I say with a shrug. "It's just that my home to-do list is twice as long as my work to-do list. If I don't get out from under the pile, I think I'll suffocate." And so my day off consists of a long list of errands, cleaning the inside of my car, laundry, balancing bank accounts, cooking and cleaning my rooms. The only reason I won't get to the yard work is because of the rain. But it will start off good: sleeping a bit late and listening to the rain pour down upon the roof. Nothing like being able to sleep late on a cold, rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment