Friday, July 6, 2012

My Dollhouse: the Final Update

I don't mean by that title that my dollhouse is complete. By no means! I have a feeling it will be a work in progress for years...like moving into a house you can't quite afford to finish but is livable. I mean, one can walk on "plywood" for a while and do without baseboards. And in the world of dolls, there doesn't have to be any lights or curtains. But I will put the last touches on tonight and it will officially move out the living room and into my rooms. I have a feeling the living room is going to seem a bit empty after it has made it's home there for the past year.

I put window seats in over the weekend: one of those dreams I have for a house of my own. These I cut from the scraps I had left over from punching out all the pieces. The fact that I don't have any fancy equipment to do this (Xacto knives are wonderful), I'm rather impressed with myself. Of course, the location of them covers up a lot of mistakes...but I think I need to stop taking pictures. Every time I do I see something I can't see with my naked eye. Thankfully my perfectionist tendencies don't tend that way - otherwise, I would be nick-picking at this dollhouse for the rest of my life!


The side window...


The front window...don't worry, I do have trim work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment