Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Can't Remember

I thought at one point of time this weekend I had something I really wanted to blog about this week but now....well, my usually sharp memory has flown north for the winter. The rest of me wants to follow. A good psychiatrist would tell me I NEED to follow it.

Twice in the last four days I have dated something as if it is August. That's simply because it is hot enough to be August. Nearly 90 this weekend. I know long winters of grey skies can cause clinical depression. I am a case in point that long summers of a beating sun can cause the same thing. I am so tired of this heat I could scream. I have cried...and cried...and cried...I want out of Texas so bad it hurts.

You may have heard that Texas lost an icon this past weekend: "Big Tex". (As if there is a "Little Tex" somewhere, which there isn't because nothing in Texas is little - right?) It's the huge cowboy that has greeted guests at the Texas State Fair for the last 60 years. It caught fire on Friday morning and went up in flames in a matter of minutes. I don't doubt that for many this was truly a sad thing. He had been the icon of a lifetime. But I heard from a Texan herself who went to the fair on Saturday that all the flowers and signs of "RIP" and "Get Well Soon, Tex" were a little over the top. "Big Tex" will be back next year - bigger and better for the 21st Century. I heard that online there's a picture of next year's: a huge cowboy holding up an even bigger plasma screen TV with Jerry Jones's face flashing on it. Not only is that hilariously funny, I nearly believe it could be.

Well, my lunch break is nearly over. I've got to run to Sam's (they expect me like clockwork every other Tuesday...I'm nearly serious about that for I went to pick up something once on another day and the cashier remarked about it). Then it's back to work where I have a project going that would only take an hour if I didn't keep getting interrupted...like that's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment