Monday, October 15, 2012

Random Thoughts

Average week last week....average week this one. Which is just as well. Unless, of course, I could choose how to change average.

Got to thinking last week of how great God's creation is, even if it can be kind of gross. I hit a skunk Wednesday night on our dirt road. Didn't mean to. I thought it was clear, but when I found it lying dead in the middle of the road Thursday, well...I guess I'm a murderer. (But I can't say either Haley or I are sorry - not if it ridded us of the skunk that digs up our yard. We're just hoping it doesn't have a family.) Anyhow, I figured we'd have to discuss animal control when I got home from work. Haley's plan, I learned, was to go out with a stick and flip it into the brush. (She's braver than I.) Thankfully, we didn't have to do either. The vultures got it. Disgusting to think about, but a much better solution than a stick or animal control.

Have a new tennis coach on Mondays and Saturdays. The first week he said he had moved there from Nevada. I've met one person born and raised in Nevada who did have an accent I'd never heard. I thought this guy had a rather strong one. I was right, but it wasn't Nevada-ish. He's Canadian - Ontario somewhere. He remarked he thinks Texas is rather nice. Crazy Canadian.

Math tutoring right now. Got throught the word problems easy. Graphing always did give me a headache...but we'll get it. Just not sure how much my student will retain!

No comments:

Post a Comment