Friday, October 12, 2018

#18

I can be a little OCD. So, I’m aiming for a round number. Seventeen was odd…and prime. Eighteen is better. But only two more to twenty! And how many people can say that?

Well, I can’t say I’m really aiming at twenty, but I’m certainly gaining on it. Twenty what, you ask? Moves. For, yes, we are moving again.

This move has been one I’ve been praying about for a while. The reasons are a multitude. I honestly didn’t think it would ever come to be. Even my mom has been proven wrong on this one: I did get Ed out of Pittsburgh! For not only are we leaving Pittsburgh and it’s surrounding areas, but we are leaving the state of Pennsylvania! We’re moving to Indiana.

The Lord has provided a good job for Ed there. We’re looking for a place to live, although it appears we may be invading my parent’s home for a little while. Some things are still up in the air as far as how the changes will really look, but all moves are that way. I should know. This is number 18. I can’t say any of them turned out exactly how I imagined.

But I’m excited. I’m excited that Emry and Ethan will be near grandparents who love them and want to be a part of their lives. They’ll also get to be near several aunts and one cousin. Even though changes are frightening, I’m excited that things are going to change. I’m delighted to leave the liberal state of Pennsylvania with their outrageous gas tax plus another handful of taxes I watch them take away from our paychecks but don’t apparently improve anything. And while there are a few things I’m going to miss, I know there will be new things to discover.

So, bear with me as my blogs may be few and far between. The boxes are piling up around me and I’m still trying to maintain life while I stuff things in them, keep Emry out of the empty ones, and keep Ethan from climbing the pile of full ones. Some days there just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day…or the night. Sleep? That’s highly overrated, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment