Saturday, October 6, 2018

This Year...Three Years

Three years ago, I first took Ed and 6-month old Emry to the place I love most on earth: New Hampshire. It was a chance for Ed to see the place I consider home, the locations that are special to me, the spots that gave me great joy and great sorrow. It is amazing how much can change in only three years! I don’t mean that my heart longed any less to simply stay there, or that New Hampshire itself has changed much. But Allyson’s kids are growing up – even Violet is taller than me! I have Ethan and my sister Katey has Curtis, which only doubles the fun! Or do I mean the exhaustion…?

But just to show you how much has changed in three years:

Papa and Emry at the apple orchard three years ago…

…and Emry today!

Only Jay could feed the sheep and goats three years ago…

…today the sheep and goats enjoy four people to feed them!

Jay and Emry, ages three and 6-months…

Jay and Emry ages 5½ (note the very important ½) and 3.   





No comments:

Post a Comment