Monday, October 1, 2018

Newport, Rhode Island

For four long years, I have lived in my husband’s birthplace – now also the birthplace of my kids. FinallyI got to share my birthplace. I think even Ed would agree that Newport is prettier than Pittsburgh will ever be.

Honestly, I think Ed was rather impressed with the island I can truthfully call home. It helped that we approached Aquidneck Island from the west, crossing from the mainland over to Conanicut Island and then on over to Aquidneck. From that approach you can see the breathtaking, million dollar homes gazing down on Narragansett Bay below. On a sunny, autumn day with yachts and boats floating in the blue waters below…truly stunning!

I must confess that I rather missed the days when I could simply roam Newport, enjoying the mansions, the cliffs, the beach and the best clam chowder in the world at my leisure. With two small children, the word “leisure” no longer belongs in my vocabulary. On the other hand, it was fun to share the place where I began life with Ed and the kids. And someday we’ll go back. I promised Emry a tour of the Breakers!

 Emry at Easton Beach where her mama used to play.


I love this picture! It was Ethan’s first visit to the beach!

Emry agrees – the Black Pearl has the best clam chowder ever!

Emry on the Cliff Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment