Friday, December 6, 2019

Christmas Books

A tradition I started with Emry’s very first Christmas was reading a Christmas book every night before bed. I had several already. The rest we got at the library as I plowed through a list I had compiled in search of ones I would want to purchase and read each year. Five years later, that list hasn’t gotten any shorter…

I have found favorites to purchase, though, and I have a list of several more I may purchase in the future. But every year, I seem to find more that are really good. Eventually, as the kids gets older, some may be replaced as they grow out of Biscuit or even Fancy Nancy. But with another baby on the way…that may be a while. Besides, some are simply too wonderful to replace. Like Little Blue Truck’s Christmas. Ethan loves that one so much, we read it every day before he takes a nap. He’s even starting to quote it!

Always wanting to share my favorite children’s books, here are the ones we ready every year:

            A Very Merry Christmas Prayer
            The Christmas Story
            The Scallop Christmas
            Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas
            The Gingerbread Baby
            Brown Paper Teddy Bear
            Dear Santa Claus
            Meet Santa Bear
            The Legend of the Candy Cane
            Jingle Bells
God Gave us Christmas
            Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia
            Little Blue Truck’s Christmas
            The 12 Days of Christmas      
            Jacob’s Gift
            Apple Tree Christmas
            The Christmas Tree Ship
            Olaf’s Night Before Christmas
            Gingerbread Mouse

And ones I am considering to purchase, simply because they are really cute, or good, or simply fun:

            The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
            Biscuit’s Christmas Eve
            Bear Stays up for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment