Friday, September 9, 2011

And it continues...

I was told this last weekend by some friends looking at my dollhouse that I was learning a lot. For, apparently, building this dollhouse is very similar to building a real house (which they are doing) - I just don't have to put in insulation. (Praise God!!!!)

But the house is getting there. At least, it's got some color. On the outside. Inside, the ceilings are done. I need to go through and make sure I know absolutely where my electricity is running on the ceilings so I can put in lights later. Soon I will probably start on the wallpaper. I want to do it before I put in the windows because then I can go at the rooms from all angles (well, sort of...).

As you can see outside we have trim. To an extent. You don't have to look carefully to note that not all the vertical trim is in place. This is on account of a porch that has to go in. I want to put it on first and then the trim so I can trim the trim if necessary to fit correctly. But as the porch will be one of the last things I put in place, that trim has been set aside for future use. This weekend's goal is the roof trim. I've just got to figure out what goes where as the notes I had on the back of the pieces have rubbed off quite a bit. But I'll figure it out.

And, yes, there is a window. And, yes, it is a bit crooked. Got to fix that. (Or I have seriously considered leaving it as it adds character just like beautiful New England houses have, although a friend of mine can't look past the work they take to keep up...) There's also some touch up painting that needs to be done, but I'm saving that for last. That way I can get out all the paint at once.

I'm not too much on philosophizing (I get troubled when I do too much of that), but this house is a lot like life. I have trouble seeing big pictures. I get caught up on details. I cannot see the finished project in my head - ever. So every time I make a change to this house, I'm not sure I like it. I have to look at it at different angles and then step away from it completely. When I come back, I see how the change improves it. Then I make another change I'm not sure I like. God does that to me. Especially lately. A change occurs. Not sure I like it. Then I really do. So He changes something again. Ever to His glory. And one day I'll finally arrive. And I'll love it. I'm sure the same goes for my house. I just hope it gets finished before I go to glory!


The tower window...with character?


The left side....


and the right side (kitchen bay window).


The house. Maybe it needs a name...

No comments:

Post a Comment